Money Christmas Tree Card

My least favorite gift to give at Christmas time is money and gift cards. Unfortunately when you have a lot of teenagers on your shopping list; it quickly becomes your only option. Still, there are a few ways to make it a more thoughtful gift.

This is what some of my husband's younger cousins are getting this year. A crisp $20 bill on a card. If you can't find a crisp bill, you can just iron an old one. This works amazingly well and also allows you to retry your folds should you make a mistake.

The instructions for making the tree can be found on this blog.

After I folded the tree, I taped it to a red piece of card stock using double sided tape. I then used my mini-paper cutter to trim around the tree. Then I layered the red paper on a larger sheet of green card stock and trimmed again. I then taped the entire stack-up to a blank card. Finally, I used my Cricut (TM)  machine to cut mini-stars out of yellow card stock and taped those to the tops of the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment